Financial highlights of the year
The financial results for 2018/19 were in line with the guidance provided in the 2017/18 Annual Report.
• Organic revenue growth was 8%, and reported revenue increased by 9% to DKK 17,939m.
• Organic growth rates by business area: Ostomy Care 7%, Continence Care 8%, Interventional Urology 10% and Wound & Skin Care 8%.
• Strong momentum in Europe with 6% organic growth in 2018/19, driven by all business areas. The French reimbursement reform in Ostomy Care, Continence Care and Wound Care was announced during last quarter of the financial year, Coloplast has mitigated around half of the impact.
• Chronic Care continued to perform well, as Europe maintained its strong momentum despite negative impact from the French price reform and the US delivered double-digit growth.
• The wound care business delivered 8% organic growth mainly driven by the Biatain® Silicone portfolio in Europe, in particular France and the UK.
• The interventional urology business delivered another strong year with 10% organic growth, driven by sales and marketing investments in the US.
• EBIT before special items amounted to DKK 5,556m, a 9% increase, corresponding to an EBIT margin of 31% on par with 2017/18. EBIT before special items includes restructuring costs of DKK 43m, against DKK 50m in 2017/18, in connection with the reduction of production staff in Denmark and closure of the factory in Thisted, Denmark.
• EBIT was impacted by a further provision of DKK 400m to cover potential settlements and costs in connection with the existing lawsuits in the United States alleging injury resulting from the use of transvaginal surgical mesh products designed to treat pelvic organ prolapse and stress urinary incontinence.
• ROIC after tax before special items was 48% against 44% in 2017/18.
• The Board of Directors recommends that the shareholders attending the general meeting approve a year-end dividend of DKK 12.00 per share. In addition to the dividend of DKK 5.00 per share paid out in connection with the half-year results, this brings the total dividend paid for the year to DKK 17.00 per share, as compared with DKK 16.00 per share last year.
Please find attached our Annual Report 2018/19 as well as our Corporate Responsibility Report 2018/19 and our new Remuneration Report 2018/19.
For more information, please contact:
Investors and analysts
Executive Vice President, CFO
Tel. +45 4911 1111
Tel. +45 4911 1800 / 4911 3376
Tel. +45 4911 1800 / 4911 1786
Press and the media
Tel. +45 4911 2608
Senior Media Relations Manager
Tel. +45 4911 2607
Business reg. (CVR) no. 69749917
This announcement is available in a Danish and an English-language version. In the event of discrepancies, the Danish version shall prevail.
Coloplast develops products and services that make life easier for people with very personal and private medical conditions. Working closely with the people who use our products, we create solutions that are sensitive to their special needs. We call this intimate healthcare. Our business includes Ostomy Care, Continence Care, Wound and Skin Care and Interventional Urology. We operate globally and employ about 12,000 employees.
The Coloplast logo is a registered trademark of Coloplast A/S. © 2019-11.
All rights reserved Coloplast A/S, 3050 Humlebaek, Denmark.
- Annual Report 2018-19
- Corporate Responsibility Report_1819
- Remuneration report 2018-19